Nine truths and a lie.
1. Something in my fridge smells like death. I know what death smells like because there was a guy that lived in the entrance/vestibulewhathaveyou at St. Vitus cathedral (Czech Republic) who suffered from gangrene. That is as close to the smell of death as you want to get and now his little brother lives somewhere in the bowels of our fridge.
2. I am back in my spending $200/day mode.
3. I am supposed to give a speech this weekend and am pretty sure I am going to soil myself. But at least I get to wear this dress with a big fat belt.
3.a. I still have no dress for the actual wedding itself and I almost don’t care. Not that I don’t love the couple and am ambivalent about what I wear. I am just REALLY REALLY lazy.
4. I think I might hate my cats. And by think I mean I don’t even see them anymore.
5. We are in the process of purchasing a house. Like a house, house with big utility bills and peeling paint.
6. Mr. Swirley is leaving for yet another ten day work trip and I will be uncharacteristically positive until the day he leaves. I will then take on a large project such as painting our entire house or driving my mom and son to Canada or something because I seem to make stellar decisions when I am on my own.
7. My stomach hangs over my keyboard a little less this week. I credit my strict watermelon diet for this tiny tiny coup. Or the fact that I am leaning back at a 110 degree angle. Either way, I’ll take it.
8. I love playing with Thomas the train.
9. I have spent the majority of the afternoon patting myself on the back for not getting into a fight with my mortal enemy at the post office – “Overbearing scarf lady”.
10. Today I sat on baby that is 7.5 months old and it was infinitely easier than hanging out with my own kid.